Frisco Public Library is proud to offer volunteer opportunities. Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community and your time and effort make a difference at the library. Volunteers get a behind-the-scenes view of the library and develop new skills while assisting with special projects, day-to-day support, and collection maintenance. We have two groups: Adult Volunteers and the VolunTEEN Program for teen volunteers.
The Frisco Public Library needs volunteers to work in various areas of the library including book handling and help with programs and special events. Adult volunteers provide an important service and make a difference.
Volunteering offers citizens great opportunities:
- Meet fellow library enthusists
- Acquire new skills and learn about the inner workings of the library
- Give back to the community
- Assist others
Adult Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older. Interested adults may will need to:
- Register as a Frisco Public Library volunteer on My Volunteer Page.
- Submit a background check form to Kris Daniel at the City of Frisco by fax (972-292-5586) or mail.
- After you have been approved, please email us at email@example.com to arrange a date and time for a brief orientation.
Please note that the Library does not offer court-ordered community service.
VolunTEEN Program for Teen Volunteering
The VolunTEEN Program is comprised of FAAB, or Frisco Action & Advisory Boards. It is a community service program that offers students, grades 6-12, an opportunity for civic involvement.
The Frisco Action Board is for teens ages 16-18 and the Frisco Advisory Board is for students grades 6-12. Read more about the Frisco Action & Advisory Boards here.
If you have any questions regarding the VolunTEEN Program, email the VolunTEEN Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 972-292-5670.
Note: The Frisco Advisory Board is no longer reviewing applications for the spring session. Information about applying for the 2014-2015 Advisory Board will be available in April.
VolunTEEN Application Process:
- Create a Frisco Public Library volunteer account on My Volunteer Page. Use this guide to walk you through the online application process. If you were previously part of the VolunTEEN Program, please email email@example.com expressing your interest in returning.
- VolunTEEN Coordinators will review all applications and contact qualified applicants via email.
We do not accept court-order volunteers into the VolunTEEN Program. To learn more about court-ordered community service opportunities with the City of Frisco, click here.
If you have any questions about adult or teen volunteer opportunities, please Ask Us!