Frisco Public Library is proud to offer volunteer opportunities to those ages 16 and up. Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community and your time and effort make a difference at the library. Volunteers get a behind-the-scenes view of the library and develop new skills while assisting with special projects, day-to-day support, and collection maintenance. We have two groups: Adult Volunteers and the Frisco Action & Advisory Board (FAAB) VolunTEEN Program.
The Frisco Public Library needs volunteers to work in various areas of the library including book handling and help with programs and special events. Adult volunteers provide an important service and make a difference.
Volunteering offers citizens great opportunities:
- Meet fellow library enthusists
- Acquire new skills and learn about the inner workings of the library
- Give back to the community
- Assist others
Adult Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older. Interested adults may will need to:
- Register as a Frisco Public Library volunteer on My Volunteer Page.
- Submit a background check form to Kris Daniel at the City of Frisco by fax (972-292-5586) or mail.
- After you have been approved, please email us at email@example.com to arrange a date and time for a brief orientation.
Please note that the Library does not offer court-ordered community service.
Frisco Action & Advisory Board (FAAB) VolunTEEN Program
Are you a high school student between the ages of 16-18 and looking for volunteer opportunities in Frisco? Apply to be a library volunTEEN!
Library volunTEENs assist with the preparation and implementation of children's and teen programs, and returning materials to the shelves.
If you have any questions regarding the VolunTEEN Program, email the VolunTEEN Supervisors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VolunTEEN Application Process:
- Create a Frisco Public Library volunteer account on My Volunteer Page. Use this guide to walk you through the online application process. If you were previously part of the VolunTEEN Program, please email email@example.com expressing your interest in returning.
- When positions are available, VolunTEEN Supervisors will review all applications and invite qualified applicants to attend an interview and orientation session.
We do not accept court-order volunteers into the FAAB VolunTEEN Program. To learn more about court-ordered community service opportunities with the City of Frisco, click here.
If you have any questions about adult or teen volunteer opportunities, please Ask Us!